Tuesday 7 January 2014

REVIEW - Break Me



Break Me by Jo-Anna Walker
Buy it here

Synopsis
Running is always easier. 

Tori McLeod moved to the big city to get away from her mother--and her past. Her new

routine is destroyed when she meets a mysterious stranger who won't take no for an answer. Sebastian intrigues her, but his eyes hold secrets she would rather avoid. 

Sebastian Chelios, a hard-as-nails enforcer, is a new-in-town loner. He has to have her. Control her. Possess her. But he can't--won't--lose control, even though Tori's innocence fascinates him. The last thing he's going to do is love her, even after he gets her in his bed.


Losing control is dangerous, especially when someone from Sebastian's past covets Tori, putting more than just her heart in danger.


Can Sebastian protect Tori from Jose's sadistic obsession? If he gets his hands on her, will she make it out in one piece?

My Review
“Be patient little one. I will come back for you.”

Wow. What can I say? This book had it all. Hot, sexy, bad-ass, nipple-pierced, tattooed lead male, drama, suspense, a bad guy lurking in the shadows… What more could you want!

Tori meets Sebastian in a little coffee shop and from the start the chemistry is off the charts, they are drawn to each other and when they do finally come together it is just explosive! The first few chapters immediately get you hooked and your attention never drifts because there’s something ALWAYS happening.

“I needed to know. Know what? If your lips tasted as good as they looked? And? Do I really need to answer that, little one? God you smell you good.”
“Your body is for my eyes only and I cannot believe how hard it makes me. I am going to f*ck you like you’ve never been f*cked before.”
The connection that Tori and Sebastian have is seen throughout the story and we can see how Tori becomes, in some way, Sebastian’s Achilles heel. Tori is his obsession, his distraction and slowly we see his walls somewhat collapse as he begins to lose his self-control fall in love with her.

The supporting characters are great with Keisha (Tori’s friend), Brett who is Keisha’s brother and even Jose whose sick obsession with Tori leads to a dramatic plot. Throughout the story, Sebastian, Jose and Brett all seem to be linked somehow and it was killing me trying to find out why, but we do find out and it’s a shocker!
"I was broken til I found you. You are my glue."
What I love about this book is the suspense. You never really know what is going to happen and has so many twists that appear from nowhere, while the character development draws you in more and you come to love each and every one of them (although maybe except Jose). 

Break Me is a rollercoaster of emotions and the book flows beautifully, keeping you connected to the story and the characters throughout. The ending, OMG the ending! I was gobsmacked, thinking ‘you can’t leave it like that!’ and it kept me guessing. Luckily however, there is a second book, Always Me, that I will 100% be reading.

My Rating
❤❤❤❤❤

Connect with Jo-Anna Walker: Website | Facebook | Twitter  | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment