Thursday 9 January 2014

REVIEW - Conflicted Love



Conflicted Love by Lola Stark
Buy it here

Synopsis

(Conflicted Love is book #2 in the Needle's Kiss series and should be read AFTER Tattered Love to fully grasp the story.)
Trip’s life motto is simple: get in, get off, get out. His lifestyle works for him, that is until he finds himself in an unexpected situation with the one girl he can't seem to get out of his mind.

Teeny has been strong for too long. One amazing crazy night, with her best friend's cocky colleague, leaves her with more than just unwanted feelings and cravings she just can’t seem to quench.

She's knocked up.

He's freaked out.

Life is about to get crazy for two people who can't stand to be close, yet can't seem to pull apart. Tension and confusion turn into mood swings and midnight snacks. How can things ever go back to simple times when every direction leads to chaos?

My review
Oh my! I loved this book. Conflicted love begins where Tattered Love (Book 1) ends. While I adored the story between Scarlett and Mace I absolutely LOVED Teeny’s and Trip’s story. Trip is a typical ladies man, living free, careless and having fun. Over time he begins to fall for his friend Teeny, a woman who has had a tough life with a mother who would rather do things for herself than focus on her daughter. From this, Teeny has a tough exterior, she is strong and doesn’t let people get past her defences. That is until she lets go and spends the night with one of her best friends tattoo artists. What’s the worst that can happen?

“…if I have my way, it won’t be a ‘one night’ thing, and lastly, we’re havin’ a kid together. I’m gonna be around a lot. In fact, I think we should try this…”

After this one night, Teeny and Trip find themselves in the unknown, Teeny is pregnant and both are scared. She isn’t scared to tell Trip how it is, and Trip is ready to step up to being a father and wants to be with Teeny a lot – much to her dismay. He wants to be a father and does everything to prove himself to her and make her comfortable. Both are fighting an intense attraction to one another and I really enjoyed watching their relationship unfold throughout the story.

"My problem is there because you're here. I can't see you and not get hard. Deal with it."

There is A LOT of work that goes into their relationship as both are as stubborn as each other, but I do love the push and pull from each character and as we get to see both leads POV, we also get to see their thoughts and feeling throughout the story and how they are each dealing with the situations. Scarlett and Mace from Tattered Love also have a constant presence in the book which I loved because I wanted to see more of these two and you won’t be disappointed! My favourite scenes are the ‘I’m a little teapot!’ one, and the birth scene. As for why? You’ll have to read it to find out but it is so funny.

“It wasn’t like Hallmark had a card that read ‘Thanks for destroying your vag with my spawn’ so I had to come up with something else.”


The things I loved most about this book was the character development, how they both dealt with the situations they face and also the humour in the book. There were more times in this book that I laughed at what was said than I have in most books, and how Trip rambled on at times was priceless. At times Teeny did become a bit frustrating, but Lola Stark does a great job in allowing us to see why and understand her actions so she becomes a bit more bearable and in no way lessens the effect of the story. This book has it all, heart-breaking scenes, hot scenes, swoon-worthy scenes, sweet scenes and the humor, flair and effortless read has enabled this book and its predecessor (Tattered Love) to fast become a new favourite series of mine and I’m eagerly awaiting the next!

"For shit's sake Teeny I'm in fucking love with you!"


My Rating


Connect with Lola Stark: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment