Thursday 16 January 2014

REVIEW - Into the Unknown



Into The Unknown – Bethany Shaw
Buy it here

Synopsis
Gene has taken on the role of alpha after the devastating loss of his father. A war is on the horizon and Gene is determined not to fail his pack. He makes an unlikely alliance with Natalia, the woman his enemy is hunting. The more time they spend together, the more Gene finds himself drawn to the sexy, mysterious, she-wolf.
Natalia has lost faith in her kind. After being rescued from her captors by Gene’s pack, she wants to take her son and run far away from everyone. But, she knows she wouldn’t get far with her psychotic family chasing her. She agrees to team up with Gene in an attempt to end her family’s tyranny. As they attempt to work together, she finds herself wondering if she can truly trust him, or will his betrayal be the greatest yet?

My Review
Having never read Bethany Shaw’s books before but had seen very positive reviews, I decided to read both in quick concession. I was not disappointed. This book had it all. Drama, rivalry, deception, romance. You name it. This book is the follow on from Out of the Shadows and tells the story of Natalia and Gene. I loved these two, they were so sweet and cute together, you just couldn’t not want their happily ever after!

“Thank you for being here for me.”
“There’s nowhere else I’d rather be.”

Natalia is a female alpha wolf who has escaped the torment and horrors of her father’s pack where she would be a breeder for other wolves as females of her kind are somewhat rare. Rescued along with her baby son, she is struggling to accept her new way of life and is untrusting of wolves after living alone for so long, then being taken by such a cruel pack. In her new home she meets strong, hot male Alpha wolf Gene. He’s a new alpha to the pack after the loss of his father and has so much to consider that his attraction to Talia comes as a bit of a surprise. He slowly tries to coax Talia out of her shell and learn to trust him and his pack. I loved these two as a couple, the pull they had was undeniable and I enjoyed the ebb and flow of their relationship as both tried to back off from one another but their pull was too strong to deny!

“I just thought you should know,” she started as she hopped out. “I think I may be starting to fall in love with you.”

What I loved about this book was that the problems and situations faced by the two leads wasn’t all focused on them and between them but was rather the problems that surrounded them and were after them. They had to come together, let down their walls and learn to trust each other in order to defeat the opposing pack.

“He wasn’t falling in love; he was in love with her. This was only the beginning for them.”

I really liked the supporting characters in the book and I loved that we still got to see a lot of Lark and Devon from the first book, while I felt that the bad guys in the books and threats were believable for this genre of book and really helped complete the story. The only thing in my opinion that let the story down was the massive build up to what I thought was going to be a major fight scene, but turned out it was just a few paragraphs. I just wanted a more in depth fight so was a little dissapointed. The growth of the relationship was a little bit drawn out but once they crossed that barrier, it was soooo good!

“Thank you,”
Gene frowned. “For?”
“Everything. You showed me who we can be. What we can be. You let me in and showed me that I could trust again. I do not know where I would be if I had not met you.”

If you’re like me and you love the dynamics of the hot possessive alphas, romance and pack wars then this book is definitely for you. I love this series and the way that it draws out so many different emotions and kept me hooked until the end. Bethany Shaw creates characters whose romances are beautiful and believable and then packs them in with fast paced drama, excitement and one heck of a good book. I can’t wait for Daniel’s book!

***ARC was received for an honest review.

My Rating

3.5 - 4

Connect with Bethany Shaw:  Facebook | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment