Saturday 11 January 2014

REVIEW - The Mighty Storm



The Mighty Storm - Samantha Towle
Buy it here
Synopsis
It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and
boy she once loved.
Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of the biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another—Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse—travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the world's most notorious womanizer?


My Review
I absolutely ADORED this book! It has everything you would ever want. Rock stars, second chances, love triangles, and a story that will take you on one heck of an emotional ride. This is one of those books that you will want to tell EVERYONE about and re-read it again and again. This book is very well written and the dialogue allows you to be right in Tru’s head throughout the story. It flows beautifully and I was always wanting to know what happened next, I just couldn’t put it down!

 “I’ve only ever loved one girl, Tru – and that’s you. It’s always been you. I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.”

The Mighty Storm focuses on Tru and Jake. The best of friends when they were younger but after being separated for 12 years when Jake had to move away, they finally meet each other again and when they do, boy do the spark fly. She is now a music journalist and he is the world famous ‘Bad Boy’ of Rock. When Tru does and interview with Jake, memories resurface and she’s terrified. Will anything remain of her old best friend? Will he even remember her? 

 “You’re not just any girl. You’re my girl.”

As soon as Tru and Jake reconnect, you can tell that this story will be a good one. I was smiling all thorough and instantly fell in love with Jake. I mean, what’s not to love with smoking hot good looks, bad boy persona and inked skin. A true heart throb. It’s obvious that when they meet that the chemistry and the spark between them is still there. Jake wants Tru and so when she gets an offer to go on tour with him to write a biography on him and the band, she wonders if there is an ulterior motive of Jakes.

 “I’ll never be good enough for you, I know that. But I’m no good without you, and if that makes me a selfish bastard for wanting you as badly as I do then so be it because I can’t live a life that doesn’t have you in it.”

What I loved about this book was that the relationship between the two did restart off as best friends before they became lovers, therefore giving them time to relax into it and get to know one another again. I preferred this to the instant relationships that you see so often in books. There was a love triangle in this book with Tru’s boyfriend Will, and even though I don’t usually read books with those in, I found that it didn’t really bother me. I think this was mainly due to the fact that Will was an abstract character and I was more focused on Tru and Jake to really remember Will was a part of the story. It also didn’t bother me because with the spark between Jake and Tru and their past, you kind of accepted the cheating and understood why she did. The love triangle wasn’t a long drawn out storyline either which is what made me appreciate this plot more.

 “I hesitated. You can’t hesitate with a man like Jake.”

There is heartbreak and a lot of drama within this book as Tru must learn to deal with the notice that occurs when you’re the girlfriend of a rock God. Will she be able to handle it? The happily-ever after did take A LOT of time and effort to get there and you will be satisfied with how it plays out (so sweeett). There are however, some parts of the book that did annoy me a little bit such as Tru’s constant doubting of herself and the very abrupt ending. I was like… is that it? There’s no more? 

With that being said, even those little blemishes IMO do not remove any of the feel of this book AT ALL. I fell in love with Jake sooo much (*swoon*) that he is now one of my favourite book leading males… He’s up there with Gideon, Kellan and Travis, trust me. The situations faced in the story were dealt with beautifully and allowed them to be believable and for you to follow the story without any doubts. There are many issues that are dealt with in this book, some darker than others but it is first and foremost a romance. The Mighty Storm has fast become one of my FAVOURITE books and I would recommend it over and over again. There’s even an extra chapter that allows us to get into Jake’s POV a little bit and it is soooo good.  An amazing start to a great series that completely draws you in and takes over your heart.

“...I’m not going anywhere. Remember, I promised. I’m yours now, forever.” 


My Rating

❤❤❤❤❤

Connect with Samantha Towle: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment