Tuesday 14 January 2014

REVIEW - Two To Tango



Two to Tango – Mimi Strong
Buy it here

Synopsis
Skye Evans is a former stripper, trying to live a "good" life teaching dance to kids. She also
hates rich people. Really hates them.
Charlie Ward is rich. He's twenty-nine, and caught between partying and growing up enough to have a relationship with someone besides his best friend.

When Charlie finds Skye crashing a party at the exclusive country club he owns, he's captivated by her long, beautiful dancer's legs. He takes her on a private tour of the pool, where they discover perfect chemistry.

Unfortunately for these two lonely lovers, Skye still hates rich people, and Charlie's still rich.

Charlie and Skye, who fit together so well when they're naked, must find creative ways to get over their differences and let themselves love.


My Review
I loved Mimi Strong’s Stardust series and devoured all three books in a day or two, so when I came by Two to Tango I had high expectations. I was not disappointed at all! I loved this book! From the start I was drawn into the characters story and became engaged with the characters pretty much right away. I loved the quick with humour of the characters which gives the book a more pleasant read instead of seriousness all the time.

"Save me, Skye. Give me a chance."

Skye and Charlie. Here we have two strong characters who are polar opposites. Skye is a former stripper who is trying to change her ways and now teaches dancing to children. Skye’s trying to make the best of what she’s been given in life and this is going ok, until she meets Charlie. She keeps Charlie on his toes constantly, and just when you think they’ll be fine – BOOM – she’s off again.  While Charlie, he’s just as stubborn. When he sees what he wants, he goes for it. And what he wants is Skye. He’s handsome, loyal and wealthy. What more could a girl want? Only, Skye doesn’t favour any of these qualities.

“I'll do anything for you, Charlie, because you're mine.”

For me, the mistaken identities twist was perfect. It was funny and very believable in some sense. It just added to the whole feel of the book. Skye can’t stand rich guys, but the one guy she connects with and might just be the guy for her – happens to be rich. Only she doesn’t know this. The interactions between the characters are seamless and you find yourself being pulled in more with each page. A tale of two flawed characters being thrown together, but still being able to make it work.

“Skye, if that's what it takes to win your heart, that's what I'll do. I will take my pants off at the next red light."

Two to Tango was a beautiful, hilarious and sexy tale that will have you on a roller coaster of emotions, and a book you just cannot put down. A tale of finding love in the most unexpected of places. Mimi Strong again, hasn’t held back and has given us another amazing story with characters that you’ll love, who will stay with you long after you’ve finished reading it. I can’t wait for her next work!

My Rating

❤❤❤❤ ½ 

Connect with Mimi Strong: Website | Facebook | Twitter  | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment