Saturday 12 July 2014

REVIEW - Carnage by Lesley Jones

Carnage - Lesley Jones
Buy it here

Synopsis
I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a
way.

"Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ... He waits for me to sing my bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it...
"I said I love you like the stars above, I'll love you till I die"

Carnage is an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read the final word.
An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read.

This is part #1 of a 2 part story but can be read as a stand alone.

 My Review
This book is the first I've read from this author and I will definitely be reading her others. I was gripped from the storyline and I couldn't put the book down. I loved how the book played out, loved all the characters. A very emotional book so have the tissues ready!

Sean and Georgia Rae have known each other pretty much their whole lives. They are drawn to each other then and this meeting is the start of a love that will stay with them their entire lives. They are soul mates. As their love grows and takes over them, they know that they're going to be together for all their lives.

"I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart."

When Sean's band makes it big as they're older, they're all swept away in the life of rock stars with drugs and women throwing themselves at them, but Sean and Georgia Rae stay strong.. until one mistake costs them everything.

We follow the life of Georgia from meeting Sean to their separate lives. Can she really move on from Sean? During this time, we meet Georgia's other love interest Cam who I absolutely LOVED! He helped lift her from this low point of her life and bring back some of the old Georgia Rae. I have to admit I was rooting for him throughout, even though I knew she belonged with Sean. To the world he is a rock star, their idol who they love. To Georgia, he will always be the young boy who she loved and even though he made mistakes, she wants him back.

I cant write any more without giving the plot away.. but this book is a truly brilliant read. It is not a style of book I would usually read (due to the ending and what happens throughout) but I am SO GLAD I stepped away from my comfort zone and read this book. The ending completely destroyed me. I found myself becoming emotional while reading it, which is a very rare occurrence for me. Im usually quite hard hearted with books but this managed to crack the shell of mine and break me. This book breaks all the normal book rules and is in no way has your typical romance book ending. It goes against everything we know and love... but you still cant help but love it. I would recommend an open mind, open heart and to just go for it. It is a heartrendingly beautiful book that will stay with you long after you finish the last page.


“Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry…”
“I said I love you like the stars above, I’ll love you till I die.” 

My Rating
 

Connect with Lesley Jones: Facebook |  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment